Whiplash is a common condition, especially among car accident victims. As your Richmond Heights chiropractor, we frequently treat car accident victims presenting signs of whiplash. Unfortunately, many of our patient’s delay treatment after the accident occurs because they don’t realize that they have whiplash. This condition can be subtle at first, and the symptoms of whiplash are difficult to recognize. Knowing the symptoms can help you decide when it’s time to see a chiropractor.
The Causes and Symptoms of Whiplash
Whiplash is a condition that occurs when tiny tears develop in the muscles and ligaments of the neck. Often, whiplash occurs during car accidents that involve impact from the rear. These collisions can cause patients to jerk their head forward or backward, thus causing the injury. The symptoms of whiplash include:
- Muscle stiffness
- Blurry vision
- Pain in the neck, shoulders, and back
- Difficulty sleeping
- Limited mobility
Anyone can get whiplash. However, women are at higher risk for whiplash because their necks are thinner and more flexible. People who have low headrests in their cars are also at risk.
When to See a Your Webster Groves, Creve Coeur & Richmond Heights Chiropractor
Patients should see a Webster Groves, Creve Coeur & Richmond Heights chiropractor immediately after an accident occurs, even if they display no symptoms. Seeing a chiropractor in a timely fashion can help ensure a quick diagnosis and timely treatment. Patients who fail to see the chiropractor right away risk complications and a lifelong struggle with pain.
All-Natural Auto Accident Injury Treatment in St. Louis
We offer all-natural auto accident injury treatment in St. Louis. Some of the most common techniques we use to treat our patients suffering from whiplash include:
- Spinal adjustment. Our spinal adjustment techniques help realign the vertebrae and reduce pressure on the spinal cord. A spinal adjustment can restore balance to the spine and eliminate subluxations. As your chiropractor in St. Louis we use spinal adjustment to relieve pain and also improve communication between the brain and the rest of the body, which encourages the body to heal more quickly.
- Physical therapy. Physical therapy involves stretches and exercises that help restore range of motion, improve mobility and flexibility, increase coordination and improve muscle strength.
- Nutritional advice. We offer nutrition advice to patients to help them get the energy they need to do stretches and exercises and stay active during their recovery. Our nutrition advice can also help patients heal quickly and reduce inflammation.
- Acupuncture. Acupuncture is the practice of stimulating the pressure points in the body to relieve pain. We offer acupuncture services to our patients to help them reduce inflammation and recover from their whiplash.
Contact Our Richmond Heights Chiropractor Today!
At McIntyre Chiropractic & Acupuncture Centre, we serve patients in Creve Coeur, Webster Groves and Richmond Heights. If you’ve recently been involved in a car accident, we encourage you to contact our Richmond Heights chiropractor and come in for chiropractic care, even if you have no symptoms.