McIntyre Chiropractic and Acupuncture Centre welcomes residents of Richmond Heights, University City, Brentwood, Maplewood, Clayton, Webster Groves and the surrounding areas to visit us for shoulder pain relief. If you are searching for natural shoulder pain relief in Richmond Heights, Dr. Brian McIntyre and our health team, want to show you the healing benefits of chiropractic care.
Our Richmond Heights Chiropractor uses your body’s strengths to heal your shoulder pain. Our goal is to position the joint into a stable and pain-free alignment. This established a healing environment with enhanced circulation and nutrient flow. All of our treatment options are natural and holistic. That way, your overall health improves as your shoulder pain decreases.shoulder pain relief from our richmond heights chiropractor
Causes of Shoulder Pain
Whether your shoulder pain occurs spontaneously or after lifting something heavy, Dr. McIntyre evaluates your shoulder to determine the reasons for your pain. Some common causes of shoulder pain include:
- Sports injuries- overuse injuries can cause shoulder pain if you perform the same movements in the same ways. For instance, throwing a baseball or swinging a racquet may irritate the shoulder joint. Other sports injuries to the shoulder may include muscle strains, rotator cuff inflammation or a dislocation.
- Arthritis- wear and tear and the aging process may lead to pain in your shoulder.
- Muscle strains- if you lift a heavy object, you may strain the muscles supporting the shoulder joint.
- Tendon or ligament injuries- the thick tissues that support the joint may also become injured with overuse, repetitive motions or through an auto injury.
Chiropractic Care for Shoulder Pain
Our chiropractic team uses a variety of treatments once the reasons for your shoulder pain are identified. Dr. McIntyre may suggest a combination of treatments to ease your discomfort and speed your healing process. Some of our chiropractic services for shoulder pain include:
- Chiropractic adjustments- Dr. McIntyre gently adjusts your shoulder to position the joint at its most natural. This alleviates pain and restores mobility. Your body begins to learn to remain in the healthier position.
- Physical therapy- to ease muscle strains and limited flexibility, we use physical therapy for your shoulder. This includes stretching and strengthening exercises to be performed in the office and at home.
- Nutrition counseling- your body requires healthy foods to heal and to grow, especially when you are recovering from an injury. We teach you which foods will help you the most.
- Acupuncture- tiny needles inserted beneath the skin help to reduce shoulder inflammation and increase circulation for energy and healing.
Contact Our Chiropractor Today For Shoulder Pain Relief in Richmond Heights!
If you are seeking shoulder pain relief in Richmond Heights, Dr. McIntyre is available to care for you and your family. Our services work with your body’s natural healing abilities to avoid side effects and surgeries. Plus, in many cases, you begin to feel better after your first visit. After a series of chiropractic care visits, your shoulder pain is quickly alleviated. If you are experiencing shoulder pain, please contact us today at 314-644-7776.